cinnamon streusel apple cheesecake bread
This seriously might be the yummiest thing I've ever baked!! Not even being dramatic! haha!! I tested it out on my hubby and mother-in-law this weekend! It's so yummy and perfect for fall!! And it actually isn't too hard to throw together and bake! I'm thinking about baking a loaf for an older lady at church! She's always baking things for people, and I think she would really love this recipe! I can't take full credit for this recipe though! I got the idea from a recipe I saw on @HalfBakedHarvest, she is the queen! She shares the best stuff! I took one of her recipes, changed a couple of ingredients and added a simple streusel to make it a little more over the top! haha! It's sooooo good!!! I really wish we hadn't eaten all of it over the weekend!! If it wasn't already late, and I didn't have to get up early for a workout class, I would totally bake another one right now! haha!! I'm definitely making another one this week.
Cinnamon streusel apple cheesecake bread
adapted slightly from this recipe from Half Baked Harvest
*watch a video of me making this recipe here
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 T cinnamon
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup apple butter
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1 large egg
1 T vanilla extract
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup milk
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 large green apple, chopped, about 3/4 cup
4 oz cream cheese at room temp
for the cinnamon streusel topping:
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 old-fashioned oats
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 350 and spray a loaf pan (I used a 9x5 inch).
2. In a small bowl mix together the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Set aside for later.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, apple butter, maple syrup, greek yogurt, egg, vanilla and milk. Mix eveything until combined. Then add in the flour, baking soda, salt and mix until just combined.
4. Pour half the batter in the prepared loaf pan. Drop small amounts of cream cheese on top of the batter and swirl with a knife (mine was still a little cold and didn't swirl well! It won't ruin the recipe.) Sprinkle the apples over the top in an even layer and then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixure on top the apples. Then pour the rest of the batter on top of everything!
5. Make the cinnamon streusel by mixing the melted butter, all purpose flour, brown sugar, oats and ground cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix everything until well combined and then sprinkle on top of the batter.
6. Bake in the oven for about 55-65 minutes until the center is just set. Remove the bread from the pan and let cool slightly on a wire rack.
It's best served warm on a cool fall day! :)
I hope yall enjoy this recipe as much as we did!! I can't wait to bake another loaf!